Home | ASP.NET 2.0 at NED.net | RSS as DataSource in ASP.NET 2.0 | Anthem.NET :: Another AJAX Library | Visual Studio 2005 Addons | Hotmail Live Beta | Fuel Cell Vehicle :: The cleanest car on the planet | Atlas Demo on MSDN TV | More comments on IT sector :: Adnan Farooq Hashmi | More comments on IT sector :: Hammad Rajjoub | Buy one get one free
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Visual Studio and BSOD's

BSOD's (Blue Sceen Of Death) had annoyed me for quite a few weeks and it always appears when I am working on a project inside Visual Studio. Things got worse when they started appearing once everyhour, especially when I am downloading the latest files from Source Safe. Stop error I get always suggested the error is either related to a RAM related issues or BIOS. I tested my ram and it came out clean so I thought something else is messing up with my system. So after spending a couple of hours I found that ZoneAlarm has some issues with Visual Studio and even stopping the service wont solve the problem. So I have to completely remove it to get rid of these ugly BSODs. So remember, don't use ZoneAlarm if you are using Visual Studio for primary development purposes untill its team solve this issue.

But don't you think its odd that only Visual Studio has issues with ZoneAlarm, one of the leading firewalls in the market? Think about it :)

posted by Zeeshan Muhammad @ 6:17 PM |