Home | The future is open source | Does Visual Studio Rot the Mind? | Microsoft Code Named Acrylic | XBox 360 Getting Ready to Launch | 101 Samples using LINQ | Silicon Photonics | Who will guard the guards? | Are we there yet? | Metal Gear Solid 4 :: Guns of the Patriots | Windows Workflow Foundation
Sunday, November 06, 2005
Do you like what you learn?

"One had to cram all this stuff into one's mind for the examinations, whether one liked it or not. This coercion had such a deterring effect on me that, after I had passed the final examination, I found the consideration of any scientific problems distasteful to me for an entire year" - said Einstein. I realized it when I was in 9th grade, when I had to learn Sindhi at which I really sucked at. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get along with it. I couldn't see any relevance of that subject in my career and was always finding a way to escape, which I couldn't. And I always asked myself, is it really necessary to learn something you really don't like?

Its been eight years now, and I still have this question murmurring deep inside me, with a little revision year by year and making it even more and more difficult to solve and find answers. I wish one day I wake up in a different world, where knowledge is not judge by a system, made by humans.

posted by Zeeshan Muhammad @ 7:49 PM |